This website provides updates and information on the search for the seventh chancellor at the University of Minnesota Morris.
UMN Morris Chancellor Michelle Behr retired in June of 2021. Since then, Janet Schrunk Ericksen has been serving as the acting chancellor. University of Minnesota System President Joan Gabel announced her intentions to begin a national search.
Find a list of search committee members.
Search Process and Timeline*
- Listening sessions to inform position description (Fall 2022)
- Join U of M System President Gabel for the UMN Morris chancellor search town hall from 8–9 a.m. on Monday, November 14, in Oyate Hall in the Student Center.
- Confidential first-round interviews (Spring semester 2023)
- Second-round interviews and public forums (Spring semester 2023)
- Leadership transition (Summer 2023)
* Dates are subject to change. This timeline will be updated as needed.
We welcome your questions, suggestions, and comments regarding the University of Minnesota Morris Chancellor Search.